Thursday 23 October 2008

Self Evaluation


...Attainment...

1 - I have given myself a 1 because I believe that I have tried to reach the best of my ability with the work I do and feel as though I have developed new skills and gained more knowledge in the different aspects of the media industry as I did not learn much of this at GCSE.

...Effort...

1 - I have given myself a 1 because I always aim to complete my homework to a good standard and I always take notes while in class. I also feel that even when I sometimes don't understand the homework that is set, I read it over and over again to ensure that I am doing it correctly.

...Punctuality...

5 - I have given myself a 5 because I know that I have been late to quite a lot of my lessons and I have also been absent for about 4 lessons, this is bad because I miss out on what is learnt and even though I haven't fallen behind everyone else that attends all the lessons I know that I should try harder in getting to the lessons on time.

...Submission and quality of homework...

1 - I have given myself a 1 because I am very happy with the homework I produce as I try to do it to the best of my ability and I have always handed it in on time which has gained me an accommodation within the first term.

...Ability to work independently...

3 - I have given myself a 3 because even though I am able to work well independently I really like working in groups as I am able to share my ideas with other people.

...Quality of writing...

2 - I have given myself a 2 as my homework and the notes of which I take in class are organised into paragraphs and very well punctuated which makes it easy for me when I go back to revise them.

...Organisation of Media folder...

2 - I have given myself a 2 as I think my Media Studies folder is very well organised as I have separated Mr Bush's work and Miss Holliday's work from each other by using dividers, I have also put my work for both teachers in order of date so I am able to refer back to it in a later stage without having to search the whole of my folder for what I am looking for.

...Oral contributions in class...

3 - I have given myself a 3 because I know that I don't contribute orally as much as other people in the class do and even though I talk more when working in small groups, I realise that I could actually talk a bit more and possibly give my opinions on topics discussed and share my ideas with everyone else in the class.

(WWW)

* I achieved an accommodation within the first term due to my homework.

* I am able to understand the differences between the 3 media platforms: Broadcasting, E-Media and Print.

* I obtained a good grade for both my presentation and the organisation of my folder.

(EBI)

* Participate more in class discussions.

* Aim to be to on time for all lessons and attend all lessons.

* Go through notes more often in my spare time so that I am able to understand what was taught more.

No comments: